A cross-curricular approach to pirates
Year 2 students on the BA Primary Education course at the University of Northampton have made Grace O'Malley, the 'Pirate Queen', the pivot of an imaginative and creative cross-curricular theme exploring pirates.
The students - listed in order of surname
Kate Adamson, Caroline Gibbs, Kate Herbert, Rebecca McKay and Amy Vaughan.
Why choose this theme and focus?
- Lots of curriculum links
- Exciting and imaginative theme
- Recent resources and stimuli e.g. Pirates of the Caribbean
- Opportunities to be creative
- Develop relationships as a class – collaborative skills
- Scope for external visits
Overview of the scheme
A PowerPoint presentation containing furrther details can be downloaded at: