The main study unit itself addresses eleven topics, raising thirty-one key questions in thirty-six lessons.
It includes a wide range of sources and different approaches to learning.
The following resources can be downloaded at:
Overview/scheme of work
Overview - mindmap
Schemes of work/lesson plans
Notes for teachers
Key words & figures
Select reading list
1. Introduction to history & geography of Ireland
2. Change & continuity/Act of union
3. Impact of the Union/Daniel O'Connell
4. Catholic Emancipation & afterwards
5. The Great Famine
6. Gladstone's early measures
7. Irish nationalism 1848-1900
8. Gladstone, Parnell & Home Rule
9. The Ulster crisis
10. The Easter Rising/Rise of Sinn Fein
11. Michael Collins/Conclusion
The main textbook used is Great Britain & the Irish Question 1798-1922 by P Adelman & R. Pierce,
Hodder & Stoughton 'Access to History', 2005, 0340889012.
Other textbooks which proved helpful include
Challenging History: Britain in the C19th by Howard Martin, Nelson, 0174350627, and The Struggle for Peace in Northern Ireland by Ben Walsh, John Murray, 0719574722.
An excellent source for historical maps, with informative commentaries, is an Atlas of Irish History by Sean Duffy, Gill and Macmillan, 0717130932
More history at 16 plus